Saturday, January 17, 2009

We have arrived in China

I have gotta say that I was a little overwhelmed when I got off the plane in China. The bitterness in the air immediately landed on my tongue. The people are very rude and pushing. Was standing in a huge line at the airport tyring to get out of customs, I hear some Indian guy saying "Excuse me" and feel him pushing on the back of me. I say to him "Are you trying to get to the end of this line?" He says "Yes". I respond "What do think I am just standing here looking pretty?" He then backed off and waited his turn. At the hotel while the person was trying to check me in, two different Chinese people came up as if I wasn't even standing there talking to the clerk and tried to force their way to get attended to. The clerk scolded both and told them to get in line. Didn't even phase either of them. I can see I am going to have to learn to bite my tongue (bitter taste and all). Very warm here, although you can't see the sun for the haze in the air. Going to get out today and take some pics

I feel like I am Alice in Wonderland!


View from hotel window




Found this in my closet

No comments:

Post a Comment